Open Call For Content Submissions
Maryland Learning Links is a partnership of MSDE and the Johns Hopkins University Center for Technology in Education to create a comprehensive Internet site to offer dynamic online resources and tools for educators, families, and family support providers to strengthen the instructional and educational services provided to children and youth with developmental needs and educational disabilities.
Launched in October 2011, Maryland Learning Links is home to high-quality, rich media, interactive resources, and educational tools aligned with evidence-based practices to facilitate and enhance instruction of children in need of special education in Maryland.
The site includes:
- best practice models and tips for inclusive school leadership
- co-teaching and scheduling support
- resources designed to bridge the research to practice gap
- establishing and maintaining a mentoring program
- strategies for working effectively with children with disabilities
- helping teachers and parents to select appropriate Assistive Technology
- helping caregivers and teachers to understand the formal IFSP/IEP processes used in preschools and schools
What Type Of Content Is Appropriate?
We are looking for high quality content on topics relating to special education and early intervention in Maryland to share with our statewide audience. Examples of the kinds of content we feature:
- Short and moderate length articles of between 500 and 2000 words – topics might include instructional strategies, how-tos, Maryland success stories, research or anything else you think our readers would value;
- Produced and edited video clips of between 2 and 5 minutes in duration;
- Blog entries on a topic relating to special education that will appeal to a wide audience; and
- Suggestions for links to other sites and resources that support current content on the site.
What’s In It For You?
Great exposure from a statewide audience interested in special education and early intervention. You and your organization will receive a authorship for any content that is posted on Maryland Learning Links. In addition to the byline, a link to your organization’s website will be included at the top of any published piece.
How Does It Work?
If your school, college or organization is interested in submitting content to be included on this statewide resource, we encourage you to take the following steps:
Step 1: Submit your content to email@example.com Make sure to include your name, the name of your organization and a contact number on the email that accompanies the materials.
Step 2: Please include a one paragraph description of your resources and the intended audience (teachers, administrator, or parents/community members)
Step 3: We will contact you within one business week to notify you that we have received the materials.
Step 4: The materials will then go to a committee of experts for a decision about inclusion on the site. The entire process from submission to publication on the site is approximately one month.
Send us your content
Complete the form below to send us your content.